GIMP Magazine Issue 5 Released


The team over at GIMP Magazine have released their latest issue, and check out that handsome gentleman on the cover!

GIMP Magazine Cover Pat David
“I’m pretty sure there’s a lot more to life than being really, really, ridiculously good looking.”
Derek Zoolander

Yep, +Steve Czajka and crew have pushed out yet another great issue of the magazine, and I’m not just saying that because my ugly mug is gracing the cover. This issue has my portrait retouching tutorial with the wonderful Mairi, and a really neat tutorial for emulating the results of an old analog photographic process (really old), Gum over Palladium, by +Christopher Perez.  +Debi Dalio also reviews Tux Paint for kids!

Personally, I would have gone for a better looking cover model, like Mairi from the tutorial:

GIMP Portrait Retouch Mairi by Pat David
Mairi (see more of her here on Flickr)

As +Meet the GIMP Rolf Steinort points out, I’m glad to stand in as a Cover Girl (“Easy, Breezy, Beautiful”, right?). Speaking of Rolf, the results of his “Look Down!” photo challenge are in this issue as well!

So what are you waiting for? The issue is free to get digitally (PDF), $5 for an iPad version, and $24 for a print version (I bought a couple of print versions - of course):


Let’s set a new record for the magazine! Go get it!

Oh, one last thing. I just had to have a quick go at Christophers tutorial from this issue for doing Gum over Palladium, so here’s the cover image using his tutorial:

Pat David Headshot Gum over Palladium

No comments:

Post a Comment