Mairi Trois


Readers who've been here for a little while might recognize my friend Mairi, who has modeled for me before. This time I had a brief opportunity for her to sit for me again for a few shots before she jet-setted her way over to Italy for a while.

I was specifically looking to produce the lede image you see above, Mairi Troisième. In particular, I was chasing some chiaroscuro portrait lighting that I had in mind for a while and I was quite happy with the final result!

Of course, I also had a large new light modifier, so bigger shots were fun to play with as well:


Mairi Color (in Black)
ƒ/6.3 1/200s ISO200


Mairi B&W
ƒ/8.0 1/200s ISO200

Those two shots were done using a big Photek Softlighter II [amazon] that I treated myself to late last year. (I believe the speedlight was firing @3/4 power for these shots).

It wasn't all serious, there were some funny moments as well...


My Eyes Are Up Here
ƒ/7.1 1/200s ISO200

Of course, I like to work up close to a subject personally. I think it gives a nicer sense of intimacy to an image.


More Mairi Experiments
ƒ/11.0 1/200s ISO200


Mairi Trois
ƒ/8.0 1/200s ISO200

Culminating at one of my favorites from the shoot, this nice chiaroscuro image up close:


Mairi (Closer)
ƒ/10.0 1/200s ISO200

It's always a pleasure to get a chance to shoot with Mairi. She's a natural in front of the camera, and has these huge expressive eyes that are always a draw.

Later this week, an update on PIXLS.US!

No comments:

Post a Comment