PIXLS.US Now Live!

I checked the first post I had made on PIXLS.US while I was building it, and it appears it was around the end of August, 2014. I had probably been working on it for at least a few weeks before that. Basically, it's almost been about 10 months since I started this crazy idea.



Finally, we are "officially" launched and live. Phew!

Help!


I don't normally ask for things from folks who read what I write here. I'm going to make an exception this time. I spent a lot of time building the infrastructure for what I hope will be an awesome community for free-software photographers.

So naturally, I want to see it succeed. If you have a moment and don't mind, please consider sharing news of the launch! The more people that know about it, the better for everyone! We can't build a community if folks don't know it's there! :) (Of course, come by and join us yourselves as well!).

I'll be porting more of my old tutorials over as well as writing new material there (and hopefully getting other talented folks to write as well).

Thank You!

Also, I want to take a moment to recognize and thank all of you who either donated or clicked on an ad. Those funds are what helped me pay for the server space to host the site as well as the forums, and will keep ads off the site. I'm basically just rolling any donations back into hosting the site and hopefully finding a way to pay folks for writing in the future. Thank you all!

2 comments:

  1. Excellent work. Donation coming your way and Pixl news shared.

    Mike

    ReplyDelete